Best Plantable, Eco-Friendly Seed Rakhi You can buy For Rakhi 2021
This #Rakshabandhan, strengthen your bond with your siblings and do your bit for the world together. Instead of using a disposable rakhi, you can promote rakhis that are ‘eco-friendly‘ and celebrate the festival more sustainably. The eco-friendly seed rakhi is usually hand-made with organic cotton & coloured with natural dyes, additionally, the rakhi also has seeds so when it is disposed in ground or put in a pot, the rakhi will blossom into new life.
We have curated a list of Plantable Seed Rakhis to save your time.
1. bioQ – Plantable Rakhi Kit
These rakhis are handmade with paper & seeds, and only natural organic colours have been used for colouring.
- Planting kit (coconut husk pot and coco peat cake)
- Bright colour rakhi with tulsi seeds.
- A Plantable pencil
- 100% Biodegradable Packaging Kit.
- Cardboard boxes with Roli, Chawal
- Planting instruction card
2. Seed Rakhi – Cotton Embroidery Designer Sustainable Seed Rakhi
Seed Rakhi Set is eco-friendly Rakhi Set Handcrafted by Women Self Help Group as Rakhi Gift for Infants, Kids, brothers and siblings.
3. Handmade Clay Rakhi by Abhika Creation
Eco- friendly, handmade, bio- degradable, flower Rakhi
- One Rakhi,
- Instruction Card,
- A biodegradable planter
- A packet of soil
4. 21 Fools – Eco-friendly Plantable Rakhi | Seed Embedded Rakhi
These Plantable Eco-Friendly Rakhis from 21 Fools add meaning to the festive spirit of Rakshabandhan by making a conscious choice of investing in a zero-waste celebration. The Rakhi’s are inspired by the surroundings, dyes used for the Rakhi threads are all natural.
By purchasing this Plantable Rakhi you will be supporting farmer and craftswomen communities as well as creating employment for low-income groups.
- Plantable Rakhi embedded with seeds
- Roli & Chawal packet
- Seeds in Rakhi : Tulsi, Amaranthus and Purslane are embedded in the Rakhi threads
- Material Used : Plantable Eco-Friendly Beej-Rakhis from 21 Fools are made from Naturally-dyed and organically grown cotton threads and non-GMO and IPR free seeds.
- Handmade by : Seed embedded Rakhis are handcrafted by the farmers & craftswomen community of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan.
- Packaging : The Rakhi box is made from recycled cardboard and waste cotton. Roli chawal is packed in 100% biodegradable paper.
5. Phool – Pure Cotton Plantable Macrame Rakhi
This Plantable Rakhi is made from organic cotton threads soaked in the happiest natural colours, symbolizing the joyous spirit of the festival.
The Rakhi is made from 100% pure cotton grown by local farmers with non-GMO and IPR-free seeds, these threads are spun into yarn the traditional way with Charkha and dyed with 100% natural colours.
- Ornamented right in the middle of this Rakhi is a pure organic seed of Balloon Vine, a fun-to-grow flower that looks like a hot air balloon before it finally blooms.
- The tassels attached with this Rakhi contain a mix of Amaranthus, Basil, and Purslane seeds, a perfect addition to your home garden.
- The box includes Roli-Chawal, packed in cute little glass bottles, for the traditional ritual of Tilak.
This Rakshabandhan make a little attempt to nurture the environment we live in, along with celebrating the unique bond of a brother and a sister. These rakhis contain seeds, so once the festivities are over, all you have to do is plant them, water them, and they will blossom into a new life.
Check out more ‘Sustainable Seed Rakhi‘ Options on: