HP makes first ever PCs with Ocean Plastic Waste
HP Inc. has successfully incorporated Ocean Plastic Waste to build consumer PC. Back in 2019, HP had annouced the launch of the HP Elite Dragonfly, the world’s first notebook with ocean-bound plastics(1). In a move that builds on the company’s sustainability commitment, newly launched Pavilion 13, Pavilion 14, and Pavilion 15 Laptops have been manufactured using ocean-bound plastics.
HP estimates that the use of these plastics in devices will keep around 92,000 plastic bottles out of the oceans and landfills. The outer boxes and fibre cushions used to pack the products are also 100% recyclable material.
HP is a member of NextWave Plastics, a consortium of multinational technology and consumer brands gathering in the spirit of collaboration and transparency to rapidly decrease the volume of plastic litter entering the ocean by developing the first global network of ocean-bound plastic supply chains.
NextWave’s nine global member companies are convened by Lonely Whale, an award-winning incubator for courageous ideas that drive impactful market-based change on behalf of our ocean. NextWave member companies are currently on track, in alignment with UN SDG 14.1, to divert a minimum of 25,000 tonnes of plastics, the equivalent to 1.2 billion single-use plastic water bottles, from entering the ocean by the end of the year 2025.
In 2019, the company announced that it had upcycled more than one million pounds of ocean-bound plastic bottles as part of its unique operating model for recycling in Haiti. In addition to protecting the oceans and the planet, HP’s ocean-bound plastic programs are also creating new opportunities for economic advancement and education in local communities. In Haiti, HP’s partnership with the First Mile Coalition has helped create more than 1,100 income opportunities for adults in the country and has provided 150 children with quality education, food, and medical assistance.
HP Pavilion 13
- This laptop is available in silver and ceramic white colours.
- It is having i5 and i7 variants comprising of 1TB SSD. It as a full HD displays up to 8.5 hours of battery life.
HP Pavilion 14
- This laptop comes in silver, ceramic white and tranquil pink colour.
- It also comes in i5 and i7 variants comprising of 1TB SSD.
- It has either HD or full HD display panel.
HP Pavilion 15
- This laptop comes in Silver colour.
- This laptop is i5 GFX powered along with the Iris Plus GFX. It has a screen size of 15″.
- The laptop will come in Silver, Ceramic White and Fog Blue colours.
Disclaimer: Note the products shown next to description may or may not be made from Ocean Plastic Waste.
HP PC Ocean Plastic Waste | HP PC Ocean Plastic Waste