India’s first CNG Tractor to be launched tomorrow
India’s first CNG Tractor will be launched tomorrow by by the Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways, Sh. Nitin Gadkari. This is the first time diesel Tractor has been converted to CNG.
The diesel to CNG conversion for tractor has been carried out jointly by Rawmatt Techno Solutions & Tomasetto Achille India.
The most important benefit for the farmer is that it can save more than one lakh rupees annually on fuel costs. This will help them in improving their livelihood.
Benefits of CNG Tractor:
Few Benefits of Converting Diesel Tractor to CNG include:
- The test reports indicates that the retrofitted tractor produces more power/equal in comparison to Diesel-run engine.
- Overall emissions are reduced by 70% as compared to Diesel.
- It will help farmers to save up to 50% on the fuel cost as the current Diesel prices are Rs.77.43/L whereas CNG is only Rs.42/kg.
CNG vs Petrol or Diesel
It is also worth to note some of the important benefits of CNG against Petrol & Diesel
- CNG is a Clean Fuel as it has the lowest content of carbon and other pollutants.
- It is Economical as it has zero lead and is non-corrosive, non-dilutive and non-contaminating which helps in increasing the life of the engine and it requires less regular maintenance.
- CNG is Cheaper and prices are far more consistent than fluctuating Petrol prices.
- The average mileage of CNG vehicles is better than that of Diesel/Petrol driven vehicles.
- It is Safer as CNG tanks come with a tight seal, which reduces the possibility of explosion while re-fueling or in the event of a spill.
- At present, around 12 million vehicles are already powered by natural gas throughout the world.
- CNG can be a Waste to Wealth product as stubble (Parali) can be used as a raw material for producing Bio-CNG which will help the farmers to earn money by selling it to the Bio-CNG production units in their locality