India is bestowed with lot of potential to produce all varieties of organic products due to its various agro climatic conditions. In several parts of the country, the inherited tradition of organic farming is an added advantage.
Organic farming seeks to produce healthy, good quality food in an ecologically responsible way. It is one of the several approaches found to meet the objectives of sustainable agriculture.
The organic management systems are designed to avoid the need for agrochemicals and to minimize damage to the environment and wildlife. In the Indian context it is also termed as ‘Javik Krishi’.
According to a recent news, India ranks first in number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming. Sikkim became the first State in the world to become fully organic and other States including Tripura and Uttarakhand have set similar targets.
- Everything you need to know about Alternative Proteins
- Best Organic Ghee Brands in India in 2022
- Five sustainable alternatives to plastic for food packaging
- Battleground Sri Lanka: Can Organic Farming feed a Nation ?
- Why is Jaggery better than Sugar ?
- Meet R. Pappammal: The 105 Year Old awarded Padma Shri for Organic Farming
- Dept. of Agriculture to develop Certified Organic Production Hubs
- What is Organic Farming ?
- Organic Farming Systems Prevalent in India