India is bestowed with lot of potential to produce all varieties of organic products due to its various agro climatic conditions. In several parts of the country, the inherited tradition of organic farming is an added advantage.
Organic farming seeks to produce healthy, good quality food in an ecologically responsible way. It is one of the several approaches found to meet the objectives of sustainable agriculture.
The organic management systems are designed to avoid the need for agrochemicals and to minimize damage to the environment and wildlife. In the Indian context it is also termed as ‘Javik Krishi’.
According to a recent news, India ranks first in number of organic farmers and ninth in terms of area under organic farming. Sikkim became the first State in the world to become fully organic and other States including Tripura and Uttarakhand have set similar targets.
- Best Online Garden Stores of India
- 5 Amazing Ragi Recipes for babies
- What is Ragi & benefits of Ragi for kids?
- Best cold-pressed organic mustard oil on Amazon
- Growing plants using hydroponics
- Different types of Olive Oil and their uses
- Best Ways To Recycle Your Kitchen Waste
- Top 10 Hemp based Product Companies in India
- What is Genetically Modified Foods and their risks ?