‘Vardan’ – A Made in India low-Cost sustainable water purifier
Sustainable Livelihood Initiative India Private Limited (slii) has developed the ‘Vardan’ Water Purifier which is an extremely affordable and sustainable solution to the global problem of water purification. It purifies water under 8 paisa per litre. It works without the need for any external energy and purifies water for at least 10 years without the need for any maintenance.
In India, about 1.4 million children die from diarrheal diseases every year as a consequence of usage of contaminated water. Aquifers, or underground water, provide 85% of drinking water, but 56% of the country is facing a drop in the water levels. People are aware of the dangers of contaminated water, but usually, do not have the resources to obtain clean drinking water. A study by Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development says that every rupee invested in clean water in India can yield 4-12 rupee of economic return.
Vardan – Water Purifier
‘Vardan’ aims to be the World’s Cheapest Complete Water Purifier. Vardan’ Water Purifier by Sustainable Livelihood Initiative India (SLII) Pvt. Ltd is an extremely affordable and sustainable solution to the global problem of water purification. Vardan Water Purifier works without the need for any external energy and purifies water for at least 10 years without the need for any maintenance – all of which is achieved by the use of Graphene and Solar Cells.
- There are no complex membranes or mechanical parts used in Vardan. This brings down the maintenance costs drastically to almost zero.
- A RO filter wastes at least a litre of water as reject for every litre of water purified. Vardan wastes nothing.
- The Ultraviolet (UV) Germicidal light used in Vardan is powered by PV Solar Cells made from e-waste. Hence no external energy is required.
- Vardan Water Purifier uses highly adsorptive filter media: Graphene. It is not only a great filtration media but also has high antibacterial properties.
- The purification system will last at least 10 years at negligible maintenance (changing UV light and Activated Carbon chamber).
As per their official website – Vardan Water Purifier is currently in its last phase of development and will be commercially available soon. Let us congratulate the team of SLII for their exceptional work.
One thought on “‘Vardan’ – A Made in India low-Cost sustainable water purifier”
Can we use this for high saline water?